Monday, December 8, 2008

Finally feeling it

I put the tree up tonight (pictures coming). It finally got me in the spirit. I didn't even cuss when my both my clear lights and my red lights were out. I found some mutli-colored lights I bought a few years ago and went to town.

As I was putting up the lights and it reminded me of my grandma's tree. The ornaments all meaning something special, the tree making you smile when you pass it. It just makes me remember what I love about this time of year.

I was going to do a tree that had a color theme and was more "adult". But I think this year, I needed a tree of celebration and fun. Last year, was the first year in my new house and I was so wrapped up in my mood that I didn't even put up a tree. This year, I wanted a tree about who I am and not what I feel like I should be.


I love my tree. I love the Pokey Little Puppy ornament that is from one of my favorite books, I have my Camaro ornament that is for my first car (thanks daddy!!). It has my Wonder Woman cape on it from my childhood hero and what I remember when I am having a bad day.

It has my cat ornaments that I got for my cats Annie and the namesake of my blog, Buster. The first house ornament and a few other special ones. I am looking forward to going to Hallmark this weekend to get a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment