Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Food and it's side effects

One of my resolutions was to get healthier this year. I know the history of my family and I know how not taking care of my self in my 20's is coming back to haunt me. I I know that weight loss will come out of that but I am following an approach that I am not on a diet but more changing the way I life my life in terms of how I view food and it's effects on me.

I do follow Weight Watchers and enjoy reading posts from others who are following. The girls that follow Weight Watcher Wednesday are all inspiration and The Mrs. is just amazing and her site is becoming one of my favorite sites.

I have noticed that after eating at home for a while now and not eating a lot of fast and processed foods that I can't tolerate them anymore. I used to ruin my week at work when we brought in pizza each week (yes, each week for clients sometimes more than once a week). I usually bring in a frozen Lean Cuisine French bread pizza but forgot this week. I ended up having 2 slices of veggie pizza and about 3o minutes later I felt awful!! I felt overly full and almost sick. I also noticed I was more moody than usual. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes. And I just realized that was the first time I have really eaten out or eaten junk food this whole month! It makes me want to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment