Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good to be home!

It's so good to be home!! I love road trips but that one was a little too much in too short of a time. I left the office on Friday at 2:30 and got to my destination around 7:30 due to a few stops. One key crisis (key to the office I was at was 200 miles away) resolved, and my heart restarted and I was able to get some sleep before having to get up and be at the office at 6:30 this morning. Work till 1 and then head home to go over to a friend's house at 6:30.

I decided to ask my mom to come on the trip with me and it was pretty good. We only got into it once when I felt she was attacking how I handled a work issue. It did help me though and I would never tell her to her face but she gave me some good insight into how to handle some issues I have been having.

I am finally sitting on my couch, relaxing and talking online to The Boy. I need to input all of my expenses from this trip so I can see where my budget is. From there I can figure out if I want to hold off on the grocery store for a few more days. It feels strange to be so tight on the funds but I know it will help me. I have done really good, but I am learning a few things about myself.

1. If I don't eat filling meals I graze all day
2. I need to pack snacks when I do these trips so I am not spending money on unhealthy food.
3. Fast food can blow my food budget REALLY fast.
4. I can resist the outlet mall in San Marcos...but it was hard on me. I survived and didn't go shoe shopping. I am holding off and using that as a treat for accomplishing a yet to be determined goal.

I think I am going to spend a few more minutes catching up and then going to go pass out and not get out of bed until I am ready...no matter what time that it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment