Sunday, January 4, 2009

Veggie Soup

Well I just finished the veggie soup. All in all, it was pretty good. I was going to go and buy fresh veggies for it but really didn't feel like venturing out in public today. So I grabbed what I had on hand and just threw stuff together. 6 cups of chicken stock, a bag of veggie stir fry mix, a bag of broccoli and cauliflower mix, some partial bags of peas, carrots, baby lima beans, and some spinach. A few spices and tweaking and it turned out good for the first attempt.

I rarely measure anything out when I cook like this and the soup was no exception so I am clueless about what spices I ended up using and how much of them I used. Since the soup didn't completely suck I will be doing this again and and measuring so I can share it. I will also try to see if it will look better so it can photograph and not look icky.

I think this will be good as a soup base as well as a stand alone soup too. Tonight I put whole wheat noodles with it and made a vegetable and noodle soup. Tomorrow I think I will put some chicken with it and make chicken veggie soup or maybe chicken noodle soup. I can also add rice or orzo with it as well. This is probably destined to be a staple for me for a while! And the best part, I didn't spend an extra dime to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment