Monday, February 2, 2009

We're going to school!

So if you look at my profile you will see the addition of a new blog. My CIS class is basically geared to computer systems and getting familiar with the technology tools available to managers. Since I have more IT certifications behind by name than I really should be allowed, this class is a little bit of a breather for me and one of the reasons I decided to take 3 classes this semester along with all the special "need-to-know-super-secret" projects at work.

This week, we are learning about wiki, web 2.0 and blogs! Part of my assignment is create a blog. Um, yea, that is no sweat. So since my blog URL is Buster Brown after one of the fur balls, I decided to make Buster go to school. That is how Buster Brown goes to School came to be. Oh, I am sure that is a temporary blog but it serves the purpose.

Of course, I couldn't just leave it plain jane. Nope, I had to add a blog background and a little intro post complete with a Get Smart (original series for me) photo.

So in other news, I am in a funk, yep a funk. I can't get excited about The Boy coming to visit. I know I should, but I can't. I think we have both just been so preoccupied with life that we haven't really acted like a couple while we have been apart this time. I haven't gone the extra step to make him feel special I don't think. And I am sure he takes my lead on that so if I haven't been doing it I don't think he really has. I don't know how people do it!

There are a lot of times lately that I just have rotten days and I when I need to just let it off my chest, he tries to make it better by fixing it. But the way he fixes it seems to hurt more than help. I feel like sometimes he discounts my solutions to problems and tries to tell me another way to do it. This is really hard when I am not even looking for a solution, I just need to get it off my chest and hear "I understand and it will be OK". I spent 31 years figuring out muy own problems so I dont' need help there but I do need someone to listen to me and just let me vent every now and then! I know, this is a inherent guy thing that they all do, it has just been a long time since I have had a guy care about me enough to feel the need to help. Oh well, that just had to get off my chest. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment