Friday, March 20, 2009

It's a small world Part 2

I was watching TV last night while talking to The Boy. I made him stop mid sentence because I recognized an old friend of mine on the news. I wish I would have been able to not find her the way I did. She was on TV because her daughter, who is 4, was diagnosed with a very aggressive type of brain cancer. I wouldn't feel right just going about my life and not acknowledging this brave little girl and her amazing mom. But how do you connect with someone who you haven't talked to and what do you say. She might not even remember me! We might have left on worse terms than I could remember. Oh I just don't know! All I know is that I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and when the words come to me, I will write that email.

If you want to know more about my old friend and her daughter, you can go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment