Thursday, April 23, 2009

Domestic Bliss

The Boy is back in town and it is domestic bliss around the house. We are doing all those things I took for granted and now miss so much when we are not together. The most amazing thing is that we are cooking together and not killing each other (I tend to be a little crazed about people cooking in MY kitchen) AND we are following my WW so I am not gaining like so often happens when we are together. I am sure we will go out for the sinful meals while he is here (already have reservations for Five Sixty and plans for dinner with the 'rents soon as well) but we are really trying to keep this visit in budget and still diet friendly.

Last night was Seared Scallops with Roasted Tomatoes. It was actually, pretty easy and really didn't need a recipe. I mean, how hard it is to season up some scallops and throw them in the skillet. I did roast the tomatoes but used spinach fettuccine instead of the regular pasta in this. I got the idea to use it from a recipe I had seen in my WW cookbook and that I had had over at Chrystal's house a month or so ago.

Tonight, I am getting spoiled and cooked for. :) He also made sure it followed my points for the most part which was the sweetest thing to me. The goat cheese creamed spinach (oh it is divine!) is as many points as the main meal but I was able to plan for it. Thank goodness for 2 point WW Chicken Santa Fe frozen dinners and salad!!

Friday it will be Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce. If you can't tell we both love seafood and I am a certified cheese freak. I have the cheese drawer in the fridge to prove it. That with a salad and a movie at the house will be my idea of the perfect night.

Ok, when did the food hijack this post? There is so much more going on but I am in the smiling-all-is-right-with-the-world mood.

The demise of F2T2 is on my mind as well and I am just excited about what is happening on that front. Sure, it will yet again mean more work for me but I can finally get a proper replacement. But that is another post for another day....back to work!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment