Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lack of Motivation

I have a SERIOUS lack of motivation today. I have been blog reading and Facebooking all morning when I should be catching up on the work I didn't do yesterday. I think all of the events of the day on Tuesday just drained me.

I ended up leaving at 1 from work to go up to School C (C=crap!). School C jerked me around for a week and then the last possible day told me my request to take a class was denied due to a class I didn't do so hot in 7 years ago!! I had every intention of telling them that I have passed that stage in my life, I am in my final year of MBA studies, I have a successful career and kick ass on all school work I do. I wasn't going to accept their answer until the President of the University told me I was denied. I got there, drove on to campus and decided the fight wasn't worth it.

I called my main school, School A(A=Amazing). I talked to the Director of the Business school who is my adviser and knows me by name and told her what was happening. She told me of a class starting last night that I could take at the main campus instead. I get back to work, sign up for class, call and secure my financial aid, work 2 hours, leave work drive 45 minutes to school, get parking pass, get books, have a midlife crisis about taking a campus class for the first time in 6 years, realize things have changed, make fun of undergrads in my mind for being well young kids, find a place to park, and go to class.

Class was great. 20 people in my Stats class as opposed to the 100 at School C. Small class, great professor who actually wants to teach us and help up. I think I will like this class. The only crappy thing is that it usually runs 7-10 and then I have a 45 minute drive home, not counting the time it takes me to get to my car out of class. Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep until 12 and I am a person who needs her 8 hours or else I am completely useless the next day.

Now I am sitting in the office staring at nothing and hoping 5 gets here quick. I foresee a long day of posts of random things I find on the internet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment