Sunday, August 16, 2009

Vacation Recap

It's been a good week for me. Dreading going back to work tomorrow but I know it is going to happen eventually so might as well be tomorrow.

I had a great time at the beach. It was a good relaxing time and I cried a little when I had to go home because I knew that it was one step closer to being the end of my week. I told myself when I got there that I wouldn't be using the front door of the condo until I left and I held true to that. I only used the back door to get to the beach. I had enough beer and food to hold me over and I slept when I wanted, ate when I wanted, read a book a day and just relaxed.

The drive was long but helped me unwind and think about things. When I got back I finally got big girl furniture and by Wednesday, I will be in possession of a whole new living room set. :)

I think this vacation I learned that my job is part of me but isn't me. I am not dreading work, I am dreading a relapse of sorts into the workaholic. I know I now have to practice the work life balance and make sure that I don't become the grumpy person at work an in my personal life again. I didn't like that person so she is going to stay gone.

Sorry for the crap post, I promise no more deep thoughts for a few hours at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment