Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekly menu planning - August 16

My last day of vacation (I’ll post an overview later tonight I am sure) and I am sitting here about to start cleaning and cooking.

Now that school is on break for a few weeks, I am going to use this time to cook some more and get some stuff in the freezer to go to once school starts. I really am looking forward to getting back in the kitchen and getting all the processed crap out of the house again.

This week the menu is:

Sunday – Coq au vin, roasted veggies, and garlic mashed potatoes. Yea, this is a lot for just me but my parents are coming over for Sunday dinner (they come over once a month or so). I am sure they will go home with leftovers.

Monday – Lamb pita sandwiches and salad.

Tuesday – Either a bacon, potato and cheddar frittata or feta/lamb stuffed chiles (the market had fresh hatch chilies and I had to get some).

Wednesday – Sea bass with tomatoes, olives, and capers.

Thursday – Moroccan skillet chicken with pine nut couscous.

Friday – Shrimp with tomatoes and feta (Yea, I love feta!).

Saturday – no clue but this is the day I plan to cook a ton for the freezer so probably something from the 3 or 4 things I will cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment