Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nerves

I am not sure why my nerves are getting to me but I can't settle down! I haven't felt this anxious in a while. Maybe it is just because I have been moving around today and going a million miles. I know I just need to settle down and relax for a little bit. I also probably need to lay off the caffeine for the rest of the night.

I got a lot of studying am doing all I can to stay up with my school work this semester. Turns out, I am going to be in school a lot longer than I thought. But next time, it will be something I enjoy. Something I can see myself doing for a long time. Business is NOT something I want to do forever. I don't want to think about being in an office crunching numbers for 30+ more years.

So I guess I can say what the next step is. Once I get my MBA, I am going to keep my job for a while and start back up getting my MS in History and from there work on my History PhD and work on teaching history at the university level. Funny as it sounds, I really want to do research and write. I love learning about things in the past and finding new connections. I am even starting to find my specialization in what interests me. I am interested in colonial history focusing on the history of government and the start of political parties and their journey to what our current system is. I am still narrowing my focus and the I know that will be changing as I learn more and more. I know that it will always be changing.

But until that time I am going to be working on getting this first step done and over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment