Monday, October 26, 2009

A ittle breakdown, a little break through

I slept like crap last night. The power went out at the house an I had to go around in the dark trying to remember what lights were on so I could turn them off. I was worried they would wake me up...well that was a big fail. I was almost asleep and my phone rang. Thank you ex-husband for needing advice late at night. I will pay you back. We got off the phone and no sooner had I snuggled back in, then the power came back on. I had no clue the TV would pop back on. The alarm went off way too early this morning and I made it to my Monday morning staff meeting at exactly 8am.

I have a month's worth of work to do in 2 days and I don't have time to deal with stupidity. I also have a Stat test tomorrow and I am just tired of studying. I think I will stop for the night, get a good nights sleep and then try and do the last little bit tomorrow afternoon after my first deadline and before class.

Tonight, I made a quick cauliflower soup. It was pretty good. Now that I have a base, I can start working on making it better. Very easy. I melted butter, sweated some onions and garlic in the butter, added a little flour, browned it up, threw in a head of cauliflower, a carton of unsalted chicken stock, and then simmered until the cauliflower was tender. Added a little bit of milk, got the immersion blender out and pureed it. Added a little more butter, salt and pepper and I was good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment