Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eh, must not be in the Holiday mood

I think I have a lot of the bah humbug hitting. Today was just a day, sure I saw family but I could have done without. I have no desire to get in the holiday mood and I am already tired of the holiday commercials. Looks like my usual Christmas blah self is back after the hiatus is went on last year.

I haven't even decided if I am going to put up any decorations. I know I need to get out of this funk because that is all it is, a funk. I can not let it get to me. I just think the shit hole that keeps opening up at work is sucking me into it. I know I shouldn't let work get to me but when my job is literally in limbo it is hard to think of anything else.

I think the being single, having no kids, and really just never making a big deal of Christmas as an adult has something to do with it. It's hard erasing 15+ years of cynical thinking. Oh well, just keep living, putting one step in front of the other and don't let the season get you down. To me, for better or worse, this is just another month with a few days of vacation in it.

Yea, I know, bah humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment