Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The final approach

Home from work and about ready to start the domestic responsibilities.

You can really tell that men created the Thanksgiving holiday. Who would have put a holiday involving massive amounts of food prep on a weekday? Oh sure, it was created in 1941 when the majority of women didn't work, but still. I mean, I have been super slammed at work and got home a whole 30 minutes early and have to start the cooking for tomorrow. And I am only doing sweets and sides. I couldn't imagine having to do it all tomorrow. I say this every year but this is the last year I celebrate Thanksgiving. Next year, I am just taking the days off and spending it doing EXACTLY what I want and nothing else.

On a completely unrelated note, I am craving Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's tonight. As I typed that I remembered that I use my laptop as my DVD player right now and I think I might just splurge and buy it off of iTune's and enjoy that while baking tonight. I also think I want to watch a couple more movies this weekend but I don't want to run to Blockbuster. I think iTunes is going to get a workout this weekend.

Enough procrastination...time to clean the kitchen and make four pecan pies and get the veggies ready to roast in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment