Thursday, December 17, 2009

I have arrived at the light

YEA YEA YEA!!!! I was told today that I am allowed to work from the house for the remaining time on my contract!! We all know what that means...after 5 years of working my butt off, you can bet I will be learning to work the minimum time I need to keep off their radar. :) I already have my schedule decided on. Of course, this means nothing is holding me back from working in the new office, but that is going to happen sometime in January. Goody goody gumdrops!

Even though we are talking 2 weeks that both involve holidays, we are still talking 2 weeks to work on the house, sleep a little late, do the 30 second commute, work till lunch, run errands, and catch up on non school reading until school starts on the 11th.

I am looking forward to moving to the new office soon. I am going to be near my friends again AND near things to do. I can actually do lunch, go shopping, go to the bank, happy hours...in other words, have a life! And I get to have my weekends again!

I still don't have any holiday cheer but at least I can say I am happy about where things are going in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment