Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Goals

Since 2009 sucked so bad, I am going to try to set some goals for 2010. 12 goals in 12 months. Now, this doesn’t mean I will have a goal for each month, it just means that by this time next year I hope to have all of these goals done. This will give me something personal to work on and not just get wrapped up in my next job like I did the last one.

1. Read 24 non school books in 2010. This breaks down to 2 books a month or a book every two weeks. I need to remember to take time each day for myself and reading will help me get back into that. I might read books to help me with work, to help me with networking, or just a trashy romance or chick lit book, but I will read more than school books.

2. Cook more. I plan on creating a menu each week (and following it) and including one new recipe each week. This doesn’t mean that I am only going to cook one new thing a week, but I am going to try a new special recipe each week. This is also going to help me plan my week and stick with my general weekly plan. Once a month I am going to attempt a recipe from my Greek cook book.

3. Clean and keep the house clean. I am NOT a neat person by nature. Cleaning does not provide me with the Zen that some people get. Case in point, my parents both worked a ton of hours had a weekly housekeeper to clean the house and my room was the room that she skipped over. Not because my parents told her to but because it was just that bad. So it is time to be an adult and keep it clean.

4. Network, network, network. Being the introvert that I am, this is a biggie for me. This is really a needed item since my new role is now encompassing marketing and ultimately getting new clients. YIKES! Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

5. Practice my creative projects more. I will start working on my photography more. I would also like to start getting some of them processed so I can hang them in the house. I also am going to make a conscious effort to start writing again and putting more thoughts into my written word off of the blog and on. This will also help me with my stress level as I start a new job.

6. Finally make the house feel like a home. I have lived here for almost 3 years and I have nothing on the walls, no decorations out to speak of. Nothing is organized and I don’t’ feel 100% happy in my house.

7. Run. I keep letting this one slide and I am tired of no being able to just get out there and start. I am going to do the couch to 5k program and sign up for a 5k within the first 6 months of the year.

8. Become an adult in terms on my health. This is a pretty big one. I need to lost XX number of pounds. Not just for my physical health by for my mental health as well. Being the analytical person I am, I figured out that I will have to lose X pounds each week of the year an exactly how many calories that was. Talk about breaking it down into easier steps. I also need to make a few Dr. appointments I have put off mainly because I am a wuss when it comes to pain.

9. Be a better daughter. I know that my dad misses me and does better when I am around. My family has never had any real traditions, but I am instituting Sunday dinner as a family tradition. Whether it is at my house or theirs. I want to get together every Sunday for dinner and catching up.

10. Graduate. Focus on school so I can get out by December 2010 so I can focus on other things in my life (JL, travel, etc.).

11. Be happy. I am known for being the moody pessimist and let things get to me. Not anymore. I am going to wake up each day with a smile and see how far it gets me.

12. Give back. I do donate through the year, but I think that you can’t just give money and think you have done your part.

No comments:

Post a Comment