Saturday, January 16, 2010

Interview outcome

Well the coffee date has come and gone.  Verdict....NEXT. 

I went into it with preconceived notions of how this guy would be and my notions did not disappoint. While I do believe that going into a situation thinking it will be bad only makes it come out bad, I promise I went into this with an open mind. 

There are things that are taboo on a first date.  Subjects such as religion, political views, feelings on children, and exes.  However, all of those subject were broached on this date and I was not the one to bring them up.  Needless to say we had VERY different viewpoints.  There were a few times I actually wanted to yell at him and tell him that he was selfish, ignorant, and I thought he was debating just to debate and take the other side of the argument.  There were times I wanted to just walk out.  It lasted a whole hour and a half and it felt like 3.  Funny, I apparently had my fill of the BS of debate for the sake of debate with The Boy and didn't even want to put up with it this time around.  I must have learned with him how to spot someone who is self centered and just like to hear himself debate just to debate.  Yea, not willingly going there again.

As much as I hate to say this, I am starting to really wonder if now guys who are 32+ who have no kids and who have never been married have some inherent flaw. Everyone of them I have dated I can definitely tell why they are still single.  Oh, I know that some of them are normal and probably have just been focused on career and whatnot but I have yet to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment