Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to Funky Town

And no, we aren't talking the head bopping groovy thing. We are talking the junky funk. Sure, it was a good day all said, but I got in a funk last night and it stayed around today.

I didn't want to do my 3 miles today but I made myself and hated every minute of it. Strange since I usually love it.  Of course, I also have some pretty major things on my mind.  My grandmother has stage 4 bile duct cancer.  She has been having blood clots in her legs and mild strokes lately.  She is heading down hill fast (we are talking probably a week or so at the very most). So even though we aren't that close, it gets to me.  And it brings me back to when I lost my other grandmother.  At that time PK was in the picture and was there for me.  PK turned out to be an ass who has his own crazy ass baggage now.  It just brings back a whole bunch of hurt right now. 

On the bright side, it was good to be in an office today.  It was good to be around women in an office today. I am actually looking forward to going back tomorrow and getting some stuff done.  I am actually looking forward to being able to decorate a new office and make it my own.  More so, I am looking forward to taking a new job and making it my own.  New tasks, new hurdles to cross, new challenges to overcome and I am looking forward to it.

The best part about being in an office.....being able to wear my cute clothes again!!!  My boss actually said that I looked very nice today and professional.  The only issue I think I am going to run into is that I am going to run out of options.  I just have to make it one month and then I will be able to go and get a few more staples (more pants and skirts).  Hopefully by then I will be down a size too.  See I know it isn't the end of month post and I don't want to jinx myself but this month I have lost 7 pounds.  3 pound ahead of where I wanted to be.  I will be keeping this up and I really hope that the when I can go shopping again that I can take my clothes and get them altered and get new ones!  We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment