Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday already?

I must be the most boring person alive!  My friend had to remind me it was Mardi Gras time.  I didn't even think about that.  I must be getting old :)

I also need to confess my dirtiest secret...I have been watching the Bachelor.  I know!!!!  It is trashy TV that just rots your brain. But I needed a good laugh folks!  I think it was the catty girl behavior that drew me in.  Last night I stopped watching it as a type of protest.  He sucks, nuff said, I'm over it and gaining 2 hours of my life each week back.

Let's see, Monday was a crappy Monday.  I was in a foul mood and just stayed quiet at the office all day.  I finally let it all out and turns out I wasn't the only one feeling it...the boss man was too.  He and I have worked together for 9 years and both have this thing for working at full capacity 100% of the time. Right now we can't and it is driving us both bat shit crazy.  It will get better....it has to.

That said, today started out the same. It did get better but I am still fighting to get my vacation pay from my old job.  The fact they keep screwing me over and lying to me just kills me.  It isn't the way to do business and is just shows how low they are going and how much they can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. I need that money for some pretty important things (think health).  They are just being butts and not paying me.  That and the fact that my "unpaid" internship is going to have to come to an end soon is getting to me.  I finally had to say something today about that fact that if I didn't get on the payroll March 1 I was going to have to start looking for a paying job until I got on the payroll somewhere.  I love my job and that was a hard conversation to have.    Dealing with all of this for almost 4 months is taking it's toll on me.  And it has gone from mental to physical so not cool.  But, got rid of some of it by having a cry fest on the way home today.  Just what I needed. And why is it when I was 23 and stress, I could lose weight and not that I am 33 I am gaining it.  It really isn't fair.  :(

In less whiney news...I found a tailor today!  I know, stupid things make me happy.  I'm rather well endowed if you haven't heard and I am also VERY hourglass shaped.  I usually have to get a lot altered. So today my boss had his suit guy in the office getting measured for new suits.  (Side note, I ended up picking out the fabric which was fun in this slave to fashion way).  I asked him if he knew of anyone who could handle my alterations and he said he would love to.  Bonus....he will come to the office to get them.  Now, if I can resume the paycheck to be able to afford it all will be good!


                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment