Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Long time no post

Things have been dysfunctional here in functional world.

My grandmother passed away last Friday and the funeral was today.  I wasn't close to her so it has been strange coming to terms with all the strange emotions I am feeling and the ones I think I should be feeling but am not.  That's pretty much all I want to say about it in the blog world. I am working through most of it in my paper journal.

I really don't go religion on my blog but I have try to observe Lent during the season as a way to get back to center and get back to what is important in life.  This time, I decided to give up the things that keep me distracted and not focused on the greater things that are important...email and Facebook.  I know I have to check email as a matter of communication for school and the job search but I do that during normal work hours and check out of work hours at most twice in the night just for school matters.  Facebook, I haven't been on in about 2 weeks now.  I have to get back on in a few days for a intern project for my boss' radio show but other than that, right now I have no desire to be online.  I don't care if my high school classmates are sick, their kids are sick, they are going to work out, they are cooking dinner, or anything like that.

The only thing I miss are the daily NPR posts.  So, instead I went and added my favorite shows on to my Twitter and now I can get the feeds I want to see.  Yes, I am still using Twitter.  It is a big part of my job right now and I really handle 3 different feeds. I have my personal one attached to the blog that I rarely update unless I have a bitch or just a strange thought.  My professional one is where I follow all my business contacts and organizations and contribute on that with work related and career information.  Then I "ghost post" for my boss on his.

School is kicking my butt.  I have about 4 things due this week so I am using the fact that I am interning for free to my advantage and trying to get more work done at the office or leaving early to work on homework.

But, all in all I am trying to stay optimistic and I am keeping my head up.  Of course it would help if one day it would be warm and I could see the sun again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment