Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Funkadelic

Oh I wish I was funky in a good way. It's been a day where none of the news was good.  If it had been one thing, it could have been handled but when it is a ton of little things they add up.

My drop dead date for a new job is now June 24th.  A specific date you say?  Yep.  I put my skills of financial analysis and planning to work. I cranked out a month with all the variables I had and then used pay days to figure out the day.  It is two months ahead of my original schedule. Now I feel this need to NOT procrastinate anymore and get my writing butt in gear.  There are not ifs ands or buts about this.  I have to move on since I refuse to have a job slowly drain my savings and put me back in the poorer house.

I did a two-a-day at the gym on Tuesday.  Today, I made it for my training session.  A friend had a Bodybugg that they weren't using so I snatched it up.  Let's just say I overestimated my activity level BIG TIME!!!  Being positive, at least now I know why I have been on this plateau forever.  Now that I know, I can do something about it.  I refuse to cut my food (come on 1500 calories a day is low enough when you figure I am still always starving).  Now, I just have to move more.  My blessing is that it is getting warmer, although with the last few days you would never know.  I can start running at lunch now and get a little more in.  The desire to be where I want to be is so great right now that if it means 3 hours of working out a day, it is going to happen.

They are building a new house next to me.  I have dealt with the construction crew using my water, blocking my driveway, and now blocking my access to the backyard.  It would be no problem in the winter but I am still trying to figure out how to get my lawnmower back there this weekend.  Wish me luck or else come laugh at me as I try to lift it where I can get to it or roll it down the street to get an opening between houses and then back to get to my gate.  Oh joy.

Finally, tonight was pork night! I would have loved to have bacon but alas, it isn't gonna happen.  So I made Asiago-crust Pork Chops from Cooking Light.  I promise it is from Cooking Light even if the link shows another publication.  Mine did not turn out like the pictures so there is no picture. But, it was yummy! The only modification made was to use the pork on hand which was a tenderloin.  The key was butterflying the portions.  When I finished it, I decided to make it into a sandwich just because I didn't want to dirty up a fork (that is the definition of lazy!). Oh yea, that will be a repeat in the rotation.  In a sandwich it tasted and had the same texture as a breaded sandwich from somewhere less healthy.  The breading is going to be used on other things, that I know.

Time to go do the night-time ritual, jump in bed, work on my crossword and go to bed.  When did I get old????

No comments:

Post a Comment