Saturday, April 23, 2011

Seriously, Again?

I was all set to do my workout this weekend, get back on the fit train and get things around here on track.

BIG. FAT. FAIL.

All week I have been ignoring the crud that has settled into my head and chest.  A combination of allergies to the normal things around here, the new stuff being blown in with the wind, and the smoke coming in from the fires west of the area.

So the smart person I am, decided on my day of on Friday to mow the lawn.  I figured it couldn't get any worse right?  WRONG.

By last night I was down for the count.  I woke up today at about 7:30, felt like I was run over, and then back to sleep till 11.  Then I transferred to the couch and slept till about 3:30.  I finally got up and realized I need food in the house and the stores are close tomorrow.

Me, sick as a dog and a grocery store full of people acting like the store closed for a say was an apocalyptic sign.  Add onto that the fact that I can't talk.  I mean I can, but I sound like a chain-smoking trucker.  Of course, I get the bag boy who loves to talk and ask questions.  I am usually very polite to him but today it took everything I had to not be mean and tell him to quit talking because I can't respond.  

How come every time I am sick, I crave junk food?  Comfort food really I guess.  I bought a rotisserie  chicken, BBQ sauce, mac and cheese, and sweet potato fries.  Bring on the carb-fest!!  Now, will I have enough energy to actually cook it?

I am hoping I can quit coughing, the fever breaks and feel somewhat better so that I can go to Easter services. I am bummed that I won't be able to go see my parents tomorrow afternoon too.  I just don't want to risk getting sicker or getting them sick since I really don't know what this stuff is.  I just won't want to be the reason anyone else gets sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment