Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back to Reality

The last week has been a blur.  From getting sick to going on a mini vacation it's been a long week.

I wasn't the smartest cookie when I decided to go out for four days and just enjoy being around friends and good music and alcohol...lots of alcohol.  I got back on Sunday and collapsed.  I think I woke up somewhat from the haze on Wednesday.  Truth be told, the haze is still lingering a little.  So is the cough that held over from being sick before I left.  But I survived!

I came back to the same issues and blah feelings.  I honestly think, the lack of school is starting to get to me.  There are no more goals, no more deadlines, and nothing to work towards.  It's a bummer after doing it for ten years.  

I am starting to find goals to work towards again though. The eating right train and the fit train came back to town so that is coming together again. I hope that will get me mentally feeling better.  The thought has seriously crossed my mind to start training for a half marathon. It's a big goal that will take a lot of work and build up but it is something long term to work towards.  

I have also been thinking of where I want this blog to go. I would love for it to focus on my training and my diet.  I love to cook and try to make some of my favorite southern comfort foods healthier and would like to try my hand at making good, solid recipes.  

Today is a sad day for me.  Four years ago, I stopped celebrating the holiday everyone else celebrates.  Four years ago today, I lost one of the most special people in my life...my grandma.  She was my rock, my sounding board, and my cheerleader.  Everyday, I think about her and sometimes I cry when things are tough and I miss my safe place.  I know I will see her again and that makes me happy.  Every day, I hope she is smiling down on me and proud of all I have done in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment