Monday, May 23, 2011

Is This the Right Track?

Lately, I feel like I hav been on more of a healthy subway system than a train.  I hop on and off so much that it is making me dizzy. No wonder I have been on a plateau for so long. 

I decided that this week, I was going to give 100% and see what happend.  Saturday I headed to Central Market and avoided all the things that normally bring me to my knees....cheese please!! I got all the veggies that I needed and a few of the other things I can only get there are at Whole Foods (which I rarely go to).  Let's just say, my fridge looks like a mini garden now. 

The  best part of my Central Market experience was that I took my mom.  She had never been so it was nice to be able to take her to experience it.  I told her the scary thing about all of the veggies and food I got was that most of it would be gone by the end of the week.  Crazy that one person can eat that much, but really I do.  It's the difference between heathly food and junk food.

I was good and packed all my food for the day last night so this morning when I woke up late as usual, all I had to do was throw it in my cooler bag and go. 

So what is this all in thing I am doing you ask?  Well, it is back to the gym for some serious workouts this week; no excuses gotta do it.  As for the food, I am back to a 100% clean diet.  That means no sugar, only whole foods, minimal processed food, and small meals throughout the day.  I don't claim to be an expert on any "diet" and I actually hate that word.  My eating plan is not a diet, it is the way I choose to eat and what I found has worked for my physical and MENTAL well being.  I am very in tune with my body and the inputs versus the outputs (mood, energy, strength, etc.).  Health issues have made me be this way and honestly I love it.

Anywho, so I am back on a good meal plan and exercising.  When I get tempted to go hit up the candy drawer at work, I know that I have food in the fridge that I can eat. Also when the M&M urge starts overtaking the yogurt I have with me, I start telling myself  1X2 is the goal and you can do it.  I am my own best/worst cheerleader.

Back to work.  Soon, I will be adding more about how I eat, the workout successes and failures all with pics to keep myself accountable!!  Slowly but surely my blog is finding a purpose in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment