Monday, July 18, 2011

Another Monday in the Books

What a day!!  Currently I am laying out on the couch telling myself I am not going to die from my workout but it sure feels like it!

Apparently my knees are back to 100% and so are my workouts.  I don't think I have sweat like that in a long time.  Really, how do those women at the gym do it.  They start looking great and they walk out looking great.  I look like a hot mess when I finish.  If I look normal, I don't think I did anything.  One day, I promise to post a picture as proof.

I was so good and pack my lunch last night, got up this morning and put it in my lunch bag and promptly left it on the counter.  I realized about 15 miles from the house.  DARN!!  Luckily, my boss treated me to lunch at Gordon Biersch.  I was good and got a Veggie pizza and a salad.  I didn't even snack crazy today. All in all, a good day and it showed on the scale.

I always wonder what motivates people to keep working out.  For me, I don't think there is one certain thing.  On days when I feel stressed from work, the thought of going and working out the tension drive me.  On days when I feel tired, it is the adreneline that moves me.  On days when I feel weak, it is the thought of lifting more than I have before, doing more reps than before, running farther than before.  And honestly, on days where I feel not so pretty, I use the Making the Squad episodes I have saved on the DVR.  I know, I'm a little strange.

So what motivates you to get up and work out every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment