Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday again?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of tired of this whole Monday thing.  That is especially true when your weekends go by so fast.

Saturday was a rush of emotion on so many levels, but it was all worth it when I got to meet my new love.

 This is my new "niece"!! While she isn't a blood relative, she still already holds a special place in my heart.  One of my closest friends is her momma and I can't wait to spend more time with this little one and she who she will become.  Needless to say, she consumed my Saturday.  I rushed to get my chores done and then went to pick up another friend of ours, stopped by to buy the little one her first dress (they did not find out the sex before hand) and then went to go hold the little one and stare.

Sunday, the parental units came up to finally give me my graduation present and spend some time with me.  Lunch was completely unhealthy Babe's Fried Chicken and I completely enjoyed it.  Then a crazy trip to Ikea.  My daddy must really love me to do that.  Then we cam home and put together my new dresser and then I put together my other night stand.

Please excuse the undecorated bedroom.  This was taken at around 11 right after I "made" the bed.  I still have a long way to go to get it fixed up but the big pieces are in place.


I also got the black matching dresser but it's out of the picture.  The little desk that is my other nightstand was built by my grandpa.  The bed I LOVE!!!!  I found it at a flea market in Sweetwater Texas.  It was a full size, rusted and completely run down.  My daddy made it into a queen size and got it powder-coated black.  I completely love it and it will be with me always.  Now I need new bedding and actual decorations in the room.  Slowly but surely.

I'm sore from the gym tonight and now I get to put my clean clothes up, finish watching the Bachelorette and then Makeover and then to bed.  Makeover might be watched in my bed with the new headboard and footboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment