Friday, July 15, 2011

One Meal Fits All?

Warning: The irritable 2 year old has made an appearance today.

I woke up late this morning (day 2 of sinus headache) and had to rush to work.  As I got on the highway, I realized my breakfast was on the counter. I ate out of the emergency drawer today and it was a Cliff Builder Bar and brown rice cakes.  Needless to say, by 11am I was FAMISHED. 

A few times a year, the building provides lunch to all tenants and today was the day.  I actually remembered this and didn't pack a lunch.  That was a big mistake.  At 11:30, I was ready to devour someone if I didn't eat soon.  I knew it was going to be BBQ but I figured there would be something there I could eat. WRONG oh so wrong.  out of the 3 sides and 3 meats, I was able to eat chicken. That's it.  So my lunch consisted of this...


Shredded chicken, no sauce looks appealling right?  Why I thought that the building would take into account those in that work here that don't eat that way is beyond me.  I was at least expecting a green salad so I could have chicken and a salad.  Now it is 12:30 and I am still famished.  Had I known there woud be no salad or that every side would be drenched in sugar or mayonaise I would have brought my lunch.  Now my choices are to go downstairs and get food from the cafeteria from hell, stay hungry, or run to Whole Foods (which isn't an option since I have to chauffer my boss around town around 2:30 and can't take the time to leave the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment