Sunday, August 21, 2011

Random Musings

The randomness that is my Sunday...

1.  Well after drinking a ton of water, being outside all day yesterday and being active that whole time, I realized why I still felt thirsty and got a headache last night. On top of that, I was shaky and a few other things I won't mention here.  Can you say electrolyte Imbalance??  Next time, there will be gatorade in the cooler along with water.  Lesson learned.

2.  Still going good on no sugar!!  But right now after dinner, I am craving it.  I know it's all in my brain but I usually listen to my brain! Maybe I will go have some yogurt and strawberries.

3.  This week is going to be crazy and is a preview of the next 6 weeks.  As a result, I decided to start going back to menu planning OCD style.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I get to not only bring my lunch but also my dinner with me so I have to really plan.  Crock pot and salads here I come!

4.  Ok, my WTF moment and soapbox topic. Someone close to me posted on FB today that they were cleaning out their kids' rooms today.  My question, if your kids are 9 shouldn't they be doing that?  Why in the world are you being their maid? My parents made me do that and do chores.  I'm still alive, not socially impaired (much), and don't have repressed memories of Mommy Dearest abuse. Kids need to learn responsibility....make them do it.

5.  When did teenagers get so disrespectful!! I know I am not talking about ALL but I witnessed an incident at the grocery store this afternoon that just made me shake my head.  Two teenage girls cut a lady off in her car and the lady said something to them. I heard more four letter words and threats out of those two girls than I have ever heard from anyone who wasn't on reality TV.  If I would have said half of that stuff to anyone my parents would have beat me and I still would have been locked in my room.  Maybe I am just getting old.

6.  I got an email from my running class mentioning that if the heat index is over 105 then class will be cancelled for the day.  That is the first time I realized that I am going to actually have to run in the heat outside. Crap, I really should have been conditioning for this more.

Off to get my food ready or tomorrow, get my clothes for the week laid out, and enjoy a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment