Friday, August 26, 2011

Sleep please

I can't believe I am still up.  I can tell you tomorrow is going to be unpleasant at least the morning portion.

I left the office and headed out to happy hour.  Why does driving into downtown still get me flustered?  I made it without getting in a wreck or causing one...bonus points for me!!

It was a fun experience but I must say I was NERVOUS before I headed in.  I am 100% pure introverted and it walked in not knowing anyone.  It was fun and I will go to the next one for sure.  It felt good to talk to people about finance and not put them to sleep. Score one for a room full of number geeks!!

After that is was dinner at Bolla for the last gasps of Restaurant Week.  It was good but nothing to write home about.  I guess my tastes have just changed a little and rich food isn't where it is at anymore.  If I am going to have a splurge meal, I would rather have comfort food...chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, friend okra, peach cobbler, those kind of things.

I did slip on the sugar ban but I'm paying the price now.  Strange how when you don't eat sugar and then have a little it effects you as if you funneled a whole bag down your throat?

Almost 12:30...guess it is time to toss and turn in bed and see if I can't get a few hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment