Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Confessions

I think it is about time that I clear my consious a tad and make some confessions. I keep coming up with stupid excuses to not work out.  As a result, I am going to take this time to list all my excuses (feel free to use them) and then what I need to do to bust through them (feel free to give suggestions)

1. I am freaking lazy.  I mean, come on...look at the URL of this blog.  L.A.Z.Y.  I would rather sit on the couch on long work days as opposed to getting up and getting to the gym.


Nope, I am not going to stop running. In fact, I am going to do it MORE!  Starting next week, I am going to training on Mondays and Wednesday and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am going to be at the Run On! Running 101 class.  These are things I pay for and I as much as I am lazy, I am also cheap and hate wasting money.  This gets me moving four days a week and then I can add a day here and there on the weekends.

2. I'm too tired! I always choose sleep over working out. Last night, I had every intention of going to workout and instead fell asleep on the couch. 


This one is easy....get some damn sleep!! Stop staying up till 1am and thinking you are going to get your butt out of bed at 5:30 the next morning.  Yes, you might be staying put for hours but really, you are just being unproductive.  It is better to be more productive in a shorter time period than be a slug on the couch for longer periods.

3.  I feel sick.  I must be the weakest, sickliest person ever for as much as I say I don't feel good.  I know I am a wimp when it comes to pain and give into being sick alot and even I get tired of it.  It's actually kind of ironic since I am the person that rarely takes a sick day EVER. 


I bet if I took care of myself I would feel tons better.  I need to start really making sure I stay hydrated througout the day.  I think that is really what is causing my headaches and my lack of energy. 

4.  I'm too stressed.  Somewhere in my brain I have decided that when I am stressed the best thing to do is relax and forget about it or sit and stress some more about it.  These things can't happen when you exercise.



I know that exercise helps reduce stress.  I just need to remember it when all of the other excuses come up.  I need to remember how good it feels to run and with every step feel stronger and like the crud of the day isn't a big deal. 

5.  I feel sluggish.  Well duh!!  Of course you do, you forgot your lunch yet again and you indulged in In-N-Out at lunch!!  Of course you feel bloated and like a fat cow when you go work out. 



I must realize that every day is not special and that I deserve to eat out every day.  My butt can't handle it and my bank account can't handle it! Of course if you eat food high in sodium and fat calories you are going to feel like crap on and never see a change on the scale. This also might be some of the reason my skin is starting to look more like a 15 year old pimple face again.  I must start just getting off my butt at night and packing my food up for the next day again.  I am usually so good at this and these past few weeks have just been a little fall off the wagon. 

6.  What will padding my time an extra 10 minutes hurt? I am the world's worst at holding myself accountable to doing hard tasks. I can justify any reason (see items 1-5).  A big reason for this is that I work out alone.  I have been going to the gym and doing this on my own for a year now.  I have no gym buddies, no running buddies, no one to cheer me on when I do good and no one to hold me accountable when I start straying from the plan. 



Ok, really, it isn't all that bad.  I just happened to get into getting back in shape and taking care of myself and started it alone.  The majority of the people in my life don't take it as serious as I do and don't workout with me.  I just need to get out there and meet a few new people to workout with and run with.  That is one of the reasons I am taking the running class...that and to finally figure out this whole training thing so I can see some increase in my miles or speed. 

Those are my top 5 reasons and a little bit of what I know I need to do in order to fix it.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step to fixing the problem right?

What do you do to stay motivated and beat back the excuses?

No comments:

Post a Comment