Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome Back

For the past few weeks I just haven't felt blogging so I didn't.  It wasn't that I didn't have things on my mind to write about but I didn't have the attention span to actually put it into words.  Oh well, my blog, my rules.

I fell off the fit wagon for a little bit and by fell I mean went sky diving without a parachute.  But, I got back on it really good this week.  I am back to tracking my food, my workouts and setting goals that are actually attainable.

Monday was training day and I started to get it back then.  Mid-way through the workout it hit me and I pushed threw and felt great.  Well, if great means my legs were killing me.  Thankfully I actually came home and got the roller out and spent time becoming one with it and my ice.

Tuesday, the temperature popped back into the 100's and my run was a chore.  I did it but during the first part of it, I felt like I was breathing through a straw.  That and a the group I was running in, seemed to have a shorter stride and a little slower pace than I was accustomed to.  Turns out, I do better when I can stretch out and go a little faster. Another good motivator was that when you were running, you created a breeze.  When you stopped, it was like you stopped in a sauna.  I got it done though!

Today, was training day and it was more fun than a workout although I did really workout hard.  I was just in the mood to enjoy it and have fun.  Now I am home, rolling out my knee and watching the Crossfit games.  Want to talk about a motivator and feeling like a slacker all in one...watch it and see.  As corny as it sounds, it made me do a little more tonight once I got home.

I am not sure about anyone else, but I am having a hard time thinking that I still have two more days left of this week.  I keep thinking that tomorrow is Friday.  Probably because I am working on about 4 hours of sleep today.  My mind just wouldn't shut off last night.  I was just worrying.  A big part of that was because a friend of mine called me and I missed the call.  It was from a different number than I am used to and that freaked me out a little.  He didn't leave a message so my mind started worrying about him.  I know a missed call shouldn't bug me but when he is deployed it always freaks me out.  Thankfully, he knows my crazy tendencies and emailed me today.  I love him for indulging my crazy!!

Bedtime for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment