Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day One With a New Back

I woke up this morning feeling like a new person.  Not sure if it was because my back felt better or because I got 8 hours of sleep without the cat waking my up in the middle of the night by walking on top of me. It's the way it is with a 16 year old spoiled rotten fur ball and I would't have it any other way.

Today was a rainy, cold, dark day here in my area. I left for work 30 minutes early and got there 30 minutes later than usual.  Thank you flooding and drivers who can't drive in the rain. Very fun drive let me tell you.  Needless to say, I didn't get out for lunch today for my usual walk around the building. In fact, I didn't even eat lunch today.  I was so worked up and nervous about some pretty big things and completely lost my appetite.

Once I got home from work I really thought about the fact that I hadn't had lunch and had to go work out. Bad move to have a protein drink with milk. The tummy was NOT doing too good around the end.  But I did get a small workout with my trainer (the back is still healing so I am limited in what I can do) and a little HIIT on the elliptical afterwards. By the way, if  you need motivation to keep going during cardio, pick the machine in between two people who are going slow as molasses on a 8 incline and a 1 resistance.  The competitive person in my pumped the incline and resistance up and took off.  It felt great.  I wasn't in the mood to do any cardio after work but it felt so good to work off some of the stress.

I have been craving pizza for two days so tonight I gave in.  BUT!!!! I did it as healthy as I could.  Palio's small gluten free classic with chicken, garlic, and basil and a salad. I had self control and didn't eat it all tonight (although I could have easily) and saved enough for lunch tomorrow.


Tomorrow will be a better day.  Keep saying it until it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment