Thursday, January 5, 2012

Good Luck Count...Three Days

I'm starting to think it's all a frame of mind and I seem to be rocking it.  I am still scared it is going to cave in, but I just have to put faith where I know it belongs and it will all work out.  But that doesn't mean I will be talking about it.  I still believe you can jinx yourself.

Let's just say that this weekend I will be studying for a very important meeting next week.  One I really want to excel at.

I headed to the gym tonight and busted out a 20 minute HIIT cardio session on the treadmill before hitting my 30 minute training session where yet again I did a Tabata session.  Why is it when I workout like that I have no appetite?  I know I need to eat something but I really can't think of anything that even sounds remotely appealing to my tummy.

Is it just me or has this week felt like a full week even with Monday off?  I am SO ready to be home for a full weekend...well almost a full weekend.  Tomorrow I am helping a friend celebrate her birthday and then spending the night at the parentals.  I just hope I can sleep in a little at their place on Saturday.

This week, food wise had be a completely vegetarian week and I must say, I will be making some of the recipes I have made this week again.  Specifically, the Veggie Strudel from Proud Italian Cook.  NOT my picture but you get the idea. SO GOOD!!  I modified mine because the thought of eggplant just doesn't set well with me.  I ended up roasting zucchini, yellow squash, carrot, red pepper and onion. Next time I might try making a balsamic reduction for it as well.  In terms of the cheese, I used what was available in the cheese drawer (yes, I have a cheese drawer).  I used fontina, parmesan, and string cheese sticks (mental note, get more mozzarella).

No comments:

Post a Comment