Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Blame It On Stress

I blame my complete lack of willpower today on stress.  Of course I am getting ahead of myself a little.

The day started very relaxed with a massage.  Yes, you read that right.  Before work I went and had a massage.  Not the brightest thing I have done but you gotta get the muscles worked when you can.

It's the best part of my therapy plan for my back and crazy muscle issues.  I finally got tired of being able to work out at 100% for a week and then something being strained or aching (past the normal ache) and having to lay off for a week or so.  I caved and went to the chiropractor and now have adjustments and massages as part of the plan to get my knots worked out and everything back in place.



Can I just say that this was not a calming back rub but a knead the knots out, pressure filled adventure.  I mean, I like a deep massage but this took the cake...but it felt SOOO good. The next one is next week.  Hopefully with that one I can push it out a few more weeks and slowly build back to an every 6 weeks thing. I also learned a bunch of new stretches to try.

And I really should have tried them more today instead of giving into what I gave into to release the stress.

I ended up having to work tonight so I had to grab dinner on the go.  I love my Freebirds so I was able to get a small burrito with protein and tons of veggies and NO cilantro rice (which the other burrito place which shall go un-named has).  I can not stand cilantro. It's one of the few things I just can't get down.

Anywho, did great on my dinner choice until I got to the cash register and saw my favorite thing...chocolate.  Not just chocolate but this....


Yes, you are reading that right.  I figured hey, I'm stressed I need something to make me happy and of course "brownies" will make me happy.  And yes, I am not saying the actual name of them on this blog because the last thing I need is to become the #1 page that comes up when people Google those two words.  Needless to say, it made me happy.  I felt no guilt in eating it.  And, just so you know where it really gets it's name....

 It's baked in a round dish people to give it the shape of  being cooked in a pot.  I might go pretty organic and healthy but I do draw the line on certain natural mood enhancers.

I got home around 9 and have been working on a business plan for a new venture and my brain is full of ideas but the tired is starting to set in.  A few more paragraphs and I think it's time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment