Friday, February 3, 2012

So Tired

I am so glad the sun made an appearance today or else I would have ended up passing out on the couch this afternoon.

Yesterday was a LONG day.  I had to go to Houston for work.  Let me tell you Houston trips are NO fun. I ended up getting to my office around 9, leaving at 11 to stop by and get a few things for my car and visit with a friend, left for Houston at 1pm.  Got to Houston at 5 for a presentation that night, finished the presentation and then got back on the road to come home. Really wish they would have told me I would be driving the way back because had I known, I would have taken a nap on the way down.  This was my view the entire 4 hours home except I was in the other seat.  (No, I did not take this while driving!)


No highway lights, not much traffic and each mile creeping by SLOWLY. I didn't get home till 1am.  In order to stay awake for the drive I ended up going full sugar, full caffeine.  It didn't get out of my system until 2am.  The alarm woke me up at 5:30am.  So TIRED does not even begin to describe it. And I am about to do it all over again. :(

However, the highlight of my trip was a stop to the must stop at BBQ/gas station!  In the I-45 war between Buc-ee's and Woody's, I am a true Woody's fan. There.Is.No.Comparison.


Jerky, smoked meats, jars of stuff, and sugar galore.  It's the only thing that makes a trip down there bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment