Monday, May 14, 2012

What I've Been Up To

It feels like forever since I have posted anything!!  I had good reason though...I was job hunting!

I have been on the new job for 3 weeks now and it is night an day better than where I was.  Sure, it's scary and a completely new challenge but I am ready for it.

Now that the job worry is out of the way and as a result, I can plan better, I am ready to get back in the swing of things as far as the workouts and the diet.

The workouts are slow to progress due to a little incident with a parking lot, a flip flop, a rain.  Graceful me stopped at the corner store to indulge in some chocolate milk and decide to show off my splits in the parking lot. I ended up tripping and completely turning in my foot.  I have NEVER felt pain like that in my foot!  After two days of it hurting I did what any sane adult would do and went on vacation.  A vacation that included a lot of walking and daily workouts and a final night in 4 inch heels.  Can you say STUPID STEPH!!  I ended up at the sports med doctor after I got back and in a boot for 3 weeks.  I took it off and now I am trying to get my foot back up to speed so to speak and start working out the way I am used to.  I plan on starting it easy with walking on the treadmill and then seeing where that goes.  All I can say is I will never be as happy as the day I can actually run again.  Now that is something I thought I would never say!

Food.  Right now my schedule is so planned out that I have even included food on my schedule.  I know what I am eating and when I am eating it every day.  (OCD much??)  The only days I eat out are either lunch on Monday or Tuesday.  I don't worry about one of those days because my new office rocks and the cafeteria serves Cooking Light recipes on those two days!  Having 6 years of the magazine here, I am able to remember most of the recipes they are making.  I have even been able to try some of the recipes that I have been wanting to make.  Other than that, I have been really good and bringing my food with me.

Let's just hope that watching the food, getting back into the workouts, and reducing the stress will help me get rid of this pesky weight that crept back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment